Garlic was so highly valued in ancient Greece that Olympic athletes ritually chewed a clove at the beginning of a competition, believing it gave them extra stamina. The ancient world was well acquainted with garlic for its inherent powers to defend, repair and maintain health. Besides benefiting the immune system, it's especially important for the circulatory system and helps protect the liver.
Did you know?
In the 1950s, Dr. Albert Schweitzer used garlic to treat cholera, typhus, and amoebic dysentery while working as a missionary in Africa. During both world wars, garlic was used on the battlefield to disinfect wounds and prevent gangrene. In fact, the Soviet army relied so heavily on garlic that it earned the name "Russian penicillin."
60 tablets. High Potency Single Herb.
Standardized high potency Garlic (Allium sativum L.); dicalcium phosphate; SynerPro Protector Blend (broccoli [Brassica oleracea] powder, turmeric [Curcuma longa] root, red beet [Beta vulgaris] root, rosemary [Rosmarinus officinalis] leaves, carrot [Daucus carota] root powder, tomato [Solanum lycopersicum] fruit powder, Chinese cabbage [Brassica rapa] leaves powder, watercress [Nasturtium officinale] leaves, cabbage [Brassica oleracea capitata] leaves powder, orange and grapefruit bioflavonoids, hesperidin); Tablet Coating (modified cellulose, sodium copper chlorophyllin, triacetin, Yellow #6 colour, Blue #1 Lake colour, Titanium Dioxide), microcrystalline cellulose; stearic acid; silicon dioxide. Garlic contains antioxidants, chromium, phosphorus, selenium, and thiamin, as well as over 400 sulphur-containing compounds. Contains no starch, sugar or preservatives. The 400 mg of garlic in this product is equal to 1200 mg of fresh garlic. 1,000 mg of fresh garlic is equivalent to 1 clove.
Take one tablet with a meal once or twice daily.
For educational purposes only.
Features & Benefits
• Garlic helps treat bacterial and fungal infections and helps maintain cardiovascular health.
• High Potency Garlic is not a so-called "odourless garlic" from which allicin has been removed. After comparing total allicin potential (TAP) with such leading brands as Pure Gar, Garlicin, Kwai and Arizona Naturals, High Potency Garlic leads the pack.
• SynerPro High Potency Garlic has a unique "locked in freshness" coating containing chlorophyll, which helps reduce belching or garlicky breath.
• Garlic has been studied for its potential role in helping prevent heart disease by reducing blood pressure and blood lipids.
• Garlic is well known for its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which help fight bacterial, fungal, and viral infections. These properties have also led to garlic’s use to kill and expel parasites and worms.
• Garlic has been traditionally used to detoxify the body and protect against infection by enhancing immune function.
© Nature’s Sunshine Products of Canada Ltd. 2005 Garlic, High Potency 60 tablets, High Potency Single herb, Stock No. 292-9